Sunday, May 29, 2016

Watch @FWBluesFan slow dance...for charity!

Many people who are reading this know Twitter user @FWBluesFan, either through Twitter or in real life. Those who know him know that he is generally a quite mannered person. But yesterday, May 28, with my own two eyes, I saw him do something wildly antithetical to this persona.

While at the wedding of our friend, Twitter user @dspPickuptruck, the Fort Worth Blues Man participated in dancing, as people often do at wedding receptions, but the true highlight was during a slow dance song, Ed Sheeran's omnipresent 2014 hit ballad "Thinking Out Loud", in which he and the groom engaged in a slow dance.

I have mentioned this to a few people already, and consensus is that this did not happen. But not only did it happen, but I have video to prove it. Two details about the video.
  1. It is 35 seconds long and they dance for about 34 seconds of it. The video ends with a pair of bridesmaids, who were also dancing to the song, crashing into me.
  2. At one point, listeners can hear a voice other than Sheeran's belting the lyric "that baby now". The voice is mine, attempting feebly to sing.
I would love nothing more than to share this video with you. I've watched it several times and hope others will get the privilege. Now, I could just post the video on Twitter, but we have made the decision to try to parlay our silliness into helping a worthy cause.

I will post the video of @FWBluesFan and @dspPickuptruck slow-dancing to "Thinking Out Loud" to Twitter and to this post if we are able to raise $69 for the American Cancer Society.

Yes, it's silly. Yes, it's juvenile. But who says that supporting a good cause must be ultra-serious? I made the decision to turn this video into a charity effort, and @FWBluesFan picked a very worthwhile cause. In fact, I donated to the cause myself.


So really, you guys only need to raise $59. If every one of our followers donates five cents to ACS, the video will go beyond my cell phone.

If you would like to contribute, go to donate.cancer.org and make a one-time donation. E-mail me at johnjf125 at gmail dot com to confirm that you made the donation: a screenshot of the donation screen, forwarding a confirmation e-mail, a screenshot of the confirmation e-mail, etc. are all acceptable as long as it is clear that it is authentic. 

If you want to blur or block out information (such as I did above, where I blurred my phone number), feel free to block out as much as you'd like as long as you maintain the dollar amount donated. If you want to keep it completely anonymous, you may blur out single bit of information on the e-mail aside from the dollar amount while using a dummy e-mail account. All information regarding individual donations will remain 100% anonymous.

As an extra bonus, if we can raise $420 (yes, I am 12 years old), I will record an audio commentary of the video (it will actually be much longer than 35 seconds). Hopefully I can convince one of its co-stars to also appear to break down the video, but I can promise that I will be there. So we are only $410 from that. Less than 34 cents per follower gets us to this level.

All donations are welcome and encouraged. No amount is too small. Thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment